Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wool Fairy Houses






I would like to share a recent fun project I undertook aside from what I make for my Etsy store. I made these sweet "fairy houses" from felted wool sweaters, extra thick wool felt I purchased, cotton floss, wool yarn and some fabric. I would like to attempt some more and perhaps sell some in my shop. I plan to give these to my daughter for her birthday. It is so nice to be able to create such sweet creations from my own ability. Here is a little one of my pixie dolls in the houses. These houses would work with the smaller 2 1/4" peg dolls as well. I have created them so the roofs come off. My only problem is that I would like to reinforce the pale purple house since it is a little flimsy yet. I will put my mind to it to come up with a solution. After all - this is part of the fun!!

2 comments:

  1. These Fairy houses are so cute!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My daughters have been having fun playing with them!!

    ReplyDelete